Friday, January 15, 2010

Creating Connections

I would first like to welcome everyone to the new blog for Escape to Ecuador.  I will be updating the status of our organization as we create more connections and offer more opportunities for cultural exchange, volunteer, travel, education and more.  See our website for more info.

So far the experience here in Ecuador has been great.  I landed in Quito, the capital at night and woke up the next morning went to the roof of my building and looked out at the Andes mountains and felt a sense of happiness and enlightenment.  Just to know that I was in such a beautiful place and following my dreams of bringing opportunities to see and experience this place with others excites me.

I then made my way down to the coast and visited the beach town, Montanita...Its a laid back community with a hippie vibe and a gorgeous beach.  Good people, fresh seafood, great environment I couldn't ask for anything more.  The new years celebration was something different than im used to.  For one there wasn't snow, but the bonfires, the fireworks, and the surfers with their boards circling burning mannequins.  The only fire on new years that i'm accustomed to seeing are candles because the 31st is my birthday.  But this birthday was very different and memorable than all the others.  The clubs and bars with dance floors right next to the sandy beach were awesome and the party went all night.

After new years, I returned to Quito and have since been collaborating with various organizations, non-profits, and the Ecuadorian Ministry of Tourism, so we together can create the best opportunities and experiences for those interested in cultural exchange, understanding, and enlightenment.  Its been a lot of meetings, but everyone has been very nice and equally as excited as I am about our programs and they have gone above and beyond to help us in accomplishing our mission.  Still have a lot of leg-work and polishing to do, I'll fill you in as we grow!  Stay in Touch! please do not hesitate to contact me, follow me on facebook and check our website for updates  :)  Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment